Sunday, June 16, 2013

SB Chronicles: Vol. 2. Get psyched!

Nike just put out the trailer for Vol. 2 of the SB chronicles. See? It's right here.


And it's been a long time since I've been this excited for a skate video to come out. I think the last time I was this excited was when "Stay Gold" came out, and we all know how our giggling with excitement was not let down by that video (or maybe that was just me).

We've got Luan Oliveira, Daryl Angel, Shane O'Neill, Donovan Piscopo, Theotis Beasley, Justin Brock, and Ishod Wair. All of those guys have been sitting on footage for at least a couple years each with the exception of Theotis Beasley, so you can expect pretty much everyone to bring their A game on this one. The trailer by itself makes me want to skate, especially the most insane nollie frontside flip ever done and Ishod Wair pretty much getting owned by a plant.


My anticipation is added to slightly by the fact that I'm still waiting for a couple of those dudes to impress me. This might sound kind of harsh, but I've never really been that big of a fan of Donovan or Theotis, although most people seem to disagree with me. I'm hoping that their parts change my mind. If anyone wants to explain to me in the comments what is so great about either of them, I'm open to it, honestly, I just really don't understand what the big deal is about either of them besides Theotis being a really nice guy and Donovan having sort of a cool name. Even if they don't change my mind, I am disturbingly excited to see Justin Brock's part as well as curious to see what sort of tech wizardry Shane O'Neill whips out.

Some people hated on the way Jason Hernandez put together Volume 1, but I seem to remember liking it. I will admit that while the beginning title sequence was good, it ran a little long, but either way I think it will be wrapped up nicely. At the time I first watched the trailer, one of the top comments was, "i can't stop pooping, too good." Quite frankly, I couldn't have said it better myself

No comments:

Post a Comment