Monday, July 8, 2013

Weekly "Why Haven't I Seen This?"-6

With the plethora of skate footage that's out there, it can be easy to overlook things. And yet, so often we stumble upon a video that we've never heard of and find ourselves asking why we hadn't seen it before. Each week, I plan to post another lesser-known video that deserves more recognition, for your viewing pleasure.

This week's video has been seen a good number of times on Youtube, but I went on a streak where I watched this video multiple times a day for about a week, (streak, week, that rhymes!). Therefore, since I am probably responsible for about 1,000 of those views and  I tend to think that most of the other views were people who already knew about Aaron, I'm going to post this as a lesser-known video anyway. This is Aaron Kyro in his online part that I believe he edited and released through his company, which was then known as Revenge but has now converted to Revive Skateboards. His style reminds me a little of Stefan Janoski, only he's doing really sick manual combos instead of long, flowing lines. It's like a cross between Stefan Janoski and Rodney Mullen, I suppose. In any case, I hope you like it. The guy can pretty much do manuals in his sleep, and if you look closely at that manny-360 flip-manny that starts at around 2:57, I think he actually does fall asleep for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment