Monday, March 3, 2014

Weekly "Why Haven't I Seen This?" -19

With the plethora of skate footage that's out there, it can be easy to overlook things. And yet, so often we stumble upon a video that we've never heard of and find ourselves asking why we hadn't seen it before. Each week, I plan to post another lesser-known video that deserves more recognition, for your viewing pleasure.


Since I missed last week, I decided to go ahead and do a 2-for-1 deal on videos this week. Both of these videos come from the new video Ruff Ryderz 3 (Have you picked up on my increasing laziness yet?). I wasn't able to figure out too much about these guys, but I'm pretty sure they're a crew from Michigan and they seem to be shredding pretty consistently. For the first video, we've got Alex Knox. It would be weird for me to talk about this video part without mentioning the fact that Alex made the odd decision to do two of every trick in this part. Two kickflip backside boardslides on handrails, two bigspin backside boardslides on handrails, at least two hardflips down gaps, and two hardflip backside lipslides down handrails. I suppose he was hoping that his tricks would breed with each other to make more tricks, thereby giving him a bigger bag of tricks. Tricks don't work that way, Alex. Regardless, he did all of those tricks with great style and the fact that he did all of them multiple times shows me that he's really quite good at them- it's not as if he spent 10 hours trying each one. In any case, I don't mean to sound like I'm trash talking this part, I genuinely did enjoy it and I hope you guys do too.


This next one is David Engerer from the same video, and the best way I know how to entice you to watch it is to simply ask: Did you ever wonder what would happen if Dylan Reider and Austyn Gillette had a baby? Because now you don't have to! Just watch this video (which, even though I mock it, I also liked a lot)










No comments:

Post a Comment